Excellence in Government Fellows Program Overview
If you are interested in the EIG program and would like more information, please contact:
Senior Program Manager
Partnership for Public Service
Information about registering
multiple participants and
customization at your agency is also available.
Excellence in Government Fellows Program
Applications are now being accepted for the Fall 2014 Excellence in Government Fellows program.
The application deadline is September 26.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The Excellence in Government Fellows program is for GS-14 to GS-15 (or equivalent) leaders seeking to solve national challenges by driving innovation, inspiring employees and delivering results. Candidates must:
- Have a record of strong accomplishment and demonstrate high-potential in OPM’s Executive Core Qualifications
- Have the ability and interest to commit and contribute fully to the program
- Be GS-14s to GS-15s or the equivalent in the military, state or other pay systems (exceptional GS-13s are also encouraged to apply)
- Be capable of traveling to Washington, D.C. and Williamsburg, VA for sessions
- Have the support of their agency or department
During the year-long program, fellows remain in their full-time jobs, meet every six weeks and spend a total of approximately 20 days in session. Fellows also devote up to five hours per week to their projects.
Fellows are expected to attend all seven class sessions. While exceptions are made for family and work-related emergencies, applicants should review the class schedule and confirm their availability before applying for the program.
FALL 2014 DATES
Participants will attend one of each session, and the dates will be determined by their cohort.
- Kick Off: Values, Vision and Mission, October 20–23, 2014, Williamsburg, VA
- Driving Results, December 2–4 or December 9–11, 2014, Washington, DC
- Leading People, February 2–5 or February 9–12, 2015, Washington, DC
- Leading Change, March 16–19 or March 23–26, 2015, Washington, DC
- Building Partnerships, April 21–23 or April 28–30, 2015, Washington, DC
- Business Acumen, June 16–18 or June 23–25, 2015, Washington, DC
- Graduation: Synthesis and Celebration, August 11–13, 2015, Washington, DC
Most sessions occur in the Washington, D.C. metro area. One session, however, will require travel to Williamsburg, VA.
Tuition for the Excellence in Government Fellows program is $9,900* and includes:
- All coaching and facilitation
- Course materials (e.g., books, articles and management tools)
- Assessments, one-on-one coaching and individualized development planning
- Online collaboration tools
- Access to the Partnership’s resources, expertise and networks
- Invitations to ongoing activities (e.g., events of excellence, continuing education programs)
*Sponsoring organizations are responsible for the tuition and travel expenses associated with the program. For fellows located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area the estimated cost for travel is approximately $900.00 per fellow.
The Partnership for Public Service is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that works to revitalize our federal government by inspiring a new generation to serve and by transforming the way government works.
CENTER FOR GOVERNMENT LEADERSHIP