Excellence in Government Fellows Program Overview
If you are interested in the EIG program and would like more information, please contact:
Senior Program Manager
Partnership for Public Service
Excellence in Government Fellows Program
The application for the Fall 2014 Excellence in Government Fellows program will open in May. If you have any questions, please contact Chris Wingo at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 775-9111.
All applicants are required to complete an online application that includes:
- Background information
- Current resume
- Supervisor recommendation
- One essay
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The Excellence in Government Fellows program is for GS-14 to GS-15 (or equivalent) leaders seeking to solve national challenges by driving innovation, inspiring employees and delivering results. Candidates must:
- Have a record of strong accomplishment and demonstrate high-potential in OPM’s Executive Core Qualifications
- Have the ability and interest to commit and contribute fully to the program
- Be GS-14s to GS-15s or the equivalent in the military, state or other pay systems (exceptional GS-13s are also encouraged to apply)
- Be capable of travelling to Washington and other locations for sessions
- Have the support of their agency or department
TIME COMMITMENT AND DATES
During the year-long program, fellows remain in their full-time jobs, meet every six weeks and spend a total of approximately 20 days in session. Fellows also devote up to five hours per week to their projects.
Fellows are expected to attend all seven class sessions. While exceptions are made for family and work-related emergencies, applicants should review the class schedule and confirm their availability before applying for the program.
- Values, Vision and Mission, April 29–May 2, 2014, Williamsburg, VA
- Results, June 10–12, 2014, Washington, DC
- Leading People, July 28–31, 2014, Washington, DC
- Leading Change, September 16–18, 2014, Washington, DC
- Building Partnerships and Coalitions, November 18–20, 2014, Washington, DC
- Business Acumen, January 13–15, 2015, Washington, DC
- Synthesis and Celebration, March 3–5, 2015, Washington, DC
Most sessions occur in the greater Washington area. One session, however, will require travel to another location in the United States.
Tuition for the Excellence in Government Fellows program is $9,900* and includes:
- All coaching and facilitation
- Course materials (e.g., books, articles and management tools)
- Assessments, one-on-one coaching and individualized development planning
- Online collaboration tools;
- Access to the Partnership’s resources, expertise and networks
- Invitations to ongoing activities (e.g., events of excellence, continuing education programs)
*Sponsoring organizations are responsible for the tuition and travel expenses associated with the program. For fellows located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area the estimated cost for travel is approximately $900.00 per fellow.
The Partnership for Public Service is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that works to revitalize our federal government by inspiring a new generation to serve and by transforming the way government works.
CENTER FOR GOVERNMENT LEADERSHIP