Register now for the Partnership’s first-ever Alumni Training Series, offered exclusively to EIG alumni. This package includes a discounted price and a guaranteed spot at three quarterly trainings and our now annual EIG Day of Training. (You may still register for the Training Series and get a pro-rated discount on the remaining two quarterly trainings and the EIG Day of Training, as the first session has already taken place.)
Training Series Dates
Quarterly Breakfast #1: Leading Change: Challenges and Opportunities— March 11, 2020, 8:30-11 a.m.
- Speaker: Catherine Gerard, Associate Director for Executive Education Programs, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University
- Description: One of the most essential functions of leadership is the ability to lead and manage change. This discussion will focus on two aspects of change that are often mentioned as the most challenging—people and politics. Leaders can anticipate and use resistance to change to inform strategy and build credibility. Likewise, managing politics of change is also an opportunity to build new alliances and increase power. This session will offer concepts, tools and ideas to prompt a discussion on challenges and opportunities of leading change
EIG Day of Training— July 29, 2020, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Description: Introduced in 2019, this full-day conference offers EIG alumni the chance to expand their knowledge on the content taught in the program, attend breakout sessions on the latest leadership topics relevant to federal employees today and reconnect with program coaches and peers across the government.
Quarterly Breakfast #2: Dare to Lead™— September 9, 2020, 8:30-11 a.m.
- Speaker: Rachel Verlik, PCC, Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitator
- Description: Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage-building program based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, research professor and author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers. This two-and-a-half-hour training focuses on the four skill sets of courage identified through Brené’s research. These skill sets are 100% teachable, making daring leadership possible for all seeking to be brave and cultivate courageous cultures. Join us as we learn the role of courage and vulnerability in daring leadership; how you can determine your own call to courage as a leader; recognize your own emotional literacy and reactions; recognize the role that armor and fears play in courageous leadership; and learn and practice skills to hold difficult conversations and build stronger relationships with curiosity, grace and integrity.
Quarterly Breakfast #3: Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence— December 2, 2020, 8:30-11 a.m.
- Speaker: Javier Vasquez, Microsoft
- Description: A new world requires new skills. A cloud-based world places a demand on growing internal skills, positioning IT professionals as change-agents and creating new requirements for your organization. This session will cover the uses of AI in the federal government, the challenges of implementing it and the steps you can take to create an AI-ready culture within your agency.
$199.00 (Includes a discounted price on the remaining three trainings; each quarterly breakfast includes a catered breakfast, and the EIG Day of Training includes a catered breakfast and lunch.)