The Partnership for Public Service invites you to our Public Service Leadership Institute launch event on Wednesday, June 8, from 8:30-11 a.m. ET. This hybrid event will include panel discussions, keynote speakers and an opportunity to engage with other federal leaders. Speakers will touch on timely government leadership topics and address the importance of public service leadership for our nation. The event will be held in person at the Partnership’s office in Washington, D.C., with the option to join the formal program virtually.
What is the Public Service Leadership Institute?
To address the most pressing challenges of the day, our country needs elected, appointed and career government leaders of integrity who can unify us in bringing solutions and hope to a beleaguered world. And yet, today’s public service leaders lack a place to go where they can rally behind a single leadership standard, develop essential leadership skills together and recommit to their constitutional oath. This is why the Partnership for Public Service is creating the Public Service Leadership Institute, the preeminent source for public service leadership perspectives, programs and policies. Those who engage in our work will strengthen their stewardship of public trust and reinforce their commitment to public good, ultimately delivering greater results to the country and improving public trust in government.
What to expect as an in-person attendee
Attendees joining us in person will be able to access our open house and breakfast reception anytime between 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. ET, prior to our formal program at 9:45 a.m. ET. During this session, guests will enjoy a complimentary breakfast, network with fellow government leaders and connect with some of our guest speakers during the open house segment. We encourage you to join us in person to participate in our reception options!
Launch Event Details
Wednesday, June 8, 2022
8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. ET – Registration
8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. ET – Open house & breakfast reception
9:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. ET – Break
9:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. ET – Main program
Partnership for Public Service
600 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Open House Details
- Topics & Hosts
- The Importance of Leadership Development hosted by Dr. Bernie Banks, Associate Dean for Leadership Development, Northwestern University and Retired Brigadier General, U.S. Army
- Women in Public Service Leadership hosted by Patty Cogswell, Vice President, Executive Women in Government and former Deputy Administrator, TSA with Chris Schiavone, Director for Executive and Team Coaching
- Innovation and Technology in Government hosted by Toni Townes-Whitley, Digital Leadership, Social Impact, Tech Innovation with Mark Lerner, Senior Manager, Technology and Innovation
Main Program Details
- Opening Remarks
- Deb Haaland, Secretary of the Interior (virtual speaker)
- Panel discussion
- Nancy Marshall-Genzer, Correspondent, Marketplace (moderator)
- Adrianne Todman, Deputy Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Major General USMC (Ret.) Charlie Bolden, Former Administrator, NASA
- Dr. Francis Collins, Former Director of the National Institutes of Health
- John Tien, Deputy Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security
- Steve Preston, President and CEO of Goodwill Industries, Former Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Closing Remarks
- Doug Conant, Founder and CEO, ConantLeadership and Former CEO and President, Campbell Soup Company
- Bob McDonald, Former Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs and Retired Chairman, President and CEO, The Procter and Gamble Company (virtual speaker)
Contact Zainab Dossaji at [email protected] for more information.